- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups hummus
The best healthy and delicious fall snack with a few pantry staples including canned pumpkin.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed but reserve canned water
- 3 tablespoons reserved canned water
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup tahini sesame paste
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (approximately juice from 1/2 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- sesame seeds
- fresh herbs (try rosemary or thyme)
- olive oil
- Add all ingredients into a heavy duty blender and pulse mix until fully combined and creamy. You may want to reserve a few of the chickpeas to add on top.
- Transfer to a dipping bowl. Add some chickpeas, sesame seeds, and fresh herbs on top, and drizzle on some olive oil. Serve with crackers, fruit or veggies.
Original recipe from Ahead of Thyme can be found here!