From start to finish, it’s ready in 30 minutes. This recipe is also low-carb and gluten-free. It’s filling enough to eat on its own, but you can also pair it with whole-grain pasta or cauliflower rice to add more volume!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 4
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound grass-fed extra-lean ground beef
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ cup onions diced
- ½ cup red bell peppers diced
- 1 medium zucchini quartered
- ½ pound asparagus cut into three segments each
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup tomato passata or tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ? teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese crumbled, for garnishing
- fresh parsley chopped, for garnishing
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground beef and garlic. Use a wooden spoon to break up the ground beef while it cooks. Stir occasionally, and cook for about 7 minutes until no longer pink. Remove the meat from the skillet, and set aside.
- Add the onions and red bell peppers to the same skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the onions are soft.
- Add the zucchini and asparagus, and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Return the ground beef to the skillet, and mix everything together.
- Add the Dijon, tomato passata, oregano, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper to taste. Cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and feta cheese.
Per Serving: Calories: 261kcal
Carbohydrates: 8.5g, Protein: 29.5g, Fat: 12.8g
Original recipe from Primavera Kitchen can be found here!