Protein Coffee (Proffee Recipe)
High-protein, low carb breakfast on the go has never been easier than this quick and easy protein coffee (aka proffee) recipe. Proffee may sound glamorous, but it couldn’t be simpler to make.
- 1 cup coffee cold brew
- 1 cup protein shake Store-bought pre-made (vanilla, chocolate, or caramel flavor)
- 1/2 cup ice
- Add ice into a large glass
- Pour cold brew coffee over ice
- Add protein shake to coffee and ice
- Stir until combined
It’s up to you what type of coffee you use for your Proffee. Try using your favorite coffee you already have on hand
Any of these will work:
- Drip Coffee – Be careful when pouring hot coffee into a glass with ice as it could cause the glass to shatter
- Espresso – One or two shots depending on your preferred caffeine intake
- Cold Brew Coffee – Prepared store-bought cold brew or homemade.
BOTTLED PROTEIN SHAKE OR PROTEIN POWDER?
The appeal to using a ready-to-drink bottled protein shake over protein powder is that it can easily be poured over your coffee, where protein powders need to be mixed in a blender bottle, shook together, or blended.
If you are using protein powder; combine coffee, ice, whey protein, and a bit of unflavored almond milk into a big shaker cup. If you do not like (or cannot have almond milk) regular dairy milk, soy milk, or oat milk are all good substitutes.
Serving: 1 Proffee Calories: 102kcal Carbohydrates: 2g Protein: 15g Fat: 2g
Find the original recipe from Healthy with a Chance of Sprinkles here!