Yield: 8 servings
This creamy sauce is a three-ingredient game-changer and this recipe will feed the whole family!
For the Roasted Cauliflower:
- 2 heads of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil + pinch of salt
For the Sauce and Pasta:
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (25 oz) pasta sauce
- 1 16–ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 pound whole wheat penne pasta
- greens for garnishing
- Cauliflower: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Toss the cauliflower florets with the olive oil and salt and spread on a baking sheet. Bake/roast for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until nice and brown.
- Creamy Tomato Sauce: Blend the cashews, water, salt, pasta sauce, and red peppers together until very smooth and creamy.
- Pasta: Cook pasta according to package directions. Toss cooked pasta with some of the sauce (however much you want – you’ll probably have some leftover) and the roasted cauliflower. This will make extra sauce. I had enough leftover for a second half-batch of this recipe.
Original recipe from Pinch of Yum can be found here!