Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets (about 3 to 4 cups)
- 2 bell peppers (red, orange, yellow)
- 1 sweet onion
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime zest
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for serving
- 1 avocado, sliced for serving
- lime wedges, for serving
- warm tortillas, for serving
- cotija cheese, for serving
- sour cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Prep a baking sheet by lining with foil or spray. You can also use two baking sheets for this recipe, to ensure that the vegetables roast properly and don’t steam instead.
- In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, zest, honey, cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a bowl and the peppers and onions on the sheet pan. You can toss everything together and roast. Drizzle half of the marinade on the cauliflower florets and half on the peppers and onions. Toss everything well and make sure every bit is coated.
- Keep the onions and peppers on one side while the cauliflower is on the other side.
- Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, then toss and roast for another 10 more, or until soft and slightly charred. Remove the baking sheet and place the black beans on it (anywhere works). Return the pan to the oven for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are done, assemble your fajitas! Start with cauliflower and some avocado slices, add the peppers and onions on top. Spritz with lime, sprinkle with cotija cheese and top with sour cream and fresh cilantro if you wish.
Original recipe from How Sweet Eats can be found here!