Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1 (12-oz.) fillet salmon, skin-on
- 2 tsp. za’atar spice
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced into coins and then quartered
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. honey or maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp. each kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Prepare Couscous: In a medium saucepan, bring 1 1/4 cups water, 1 Tbsp. olive oil, and 1/4 tsp. salt to a boil. Stir in the couscous, cover with a lid, and remove from heat. Let the couscous steam for 5 minutes. Use a fork to fluff the couscous and break up any clumps. Transfer to a large bowl to slightly cool.
- Cook Salmon: Pat salmon dry with a paper towel. Rub with 2 tsp. olive oil, and season with za’atar spice and 1/2 tsp. salt. You can cook salmon one of two ways: under the broiler or on the stovetop:
- Broil Salmon: Preheat broiler with oven rack 6 inches from heat. Place fillet, skin side down, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil to desired degree of doneness, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Sauté Salmon: Heat 1 to 2 Tbsp. of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high. Place salmon, skin side-down, in pan and cook for about 3 minutes, until the flesh turns from translucent to opaque all the way up the sides. Gently flip salmon (usually a fish spatula, ideally), turn off heat, and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Once the salmon is cooked, let rest for about 5 minutes before using a fork to flake into small pieces.
- Prepare Feta Dressing: In a medium bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, honey, garlic, salt and pepper; whisk to combine. Stir in feta cheese.
- Assemble Salad: To the bowl with cooled couscous, add cucumber, parsley, dill, and red onion; toss well. Add flaked salmon and dressing; gently stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Garnish with extra crumbled feta and/or herbs, if desired.
Serving: 1 cup | Calories: 420kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 26g
Original recipe from Dishing Out Health can be found here!