Tender and juicy chicken breast served over a variety of fresh vegetables, and tossed with a simple garlic lemon marinade, it is easy to make and perfect for lunch or dinner.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
For chicken and marinade:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 lime juiced, and zested
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 cups packed romaine lettuce or 1 large head chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 8 oz black beans one can, rinsed and drained
- 8 oz corn one can, rinsed and drained
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 large avocado chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lime juiced and zest
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Place the chicken in a shallow dish and add 1 tbsp of the oil, lime juice plus zest, garlic, and seasonings. Rub the chicken well, then cover the dish and allow it to marinate for at least 30 minutes over the counter. If time allows, you can marinate in the fridge overnight.
- Meanwhile, combine all dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and add the other 1 tbsp of oil. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through. Allow the chicken to slightly cool, then slice it.
- While the chicken cools, add all the salad ingredients to a bowl.
- Top with juicy chicken and drizzle the dressing over.
Find the original recipe from Healthy Fitness Meals here!