Super Bowl Sunday is this weekend. Whether you are hosting the party or heading to a friend’s place for the big game, the Super Bowl is synonymous with snacks (and commercials). Stay on track with your goals and bring this healthy dish to share!
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 25 minutes
Total time: 2 hours
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Guacamole & Toppings:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Tightly wrap sweet potatoes in foil and place on a baking sheet. Roast until very tender, 50 minutes to 1 hour. Carefully unwrap and set aside to cool.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh, leaving a ¼-inch border (save the scooped-out flesh for another use). Place the sweet potato halves skin-side up on the prepared baking sheet. Brush with oil and sprinkle with kosher salt. Bake until browned and crisp, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cut each skin in half widthwise and return to the baking sheet, skin-side down. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon Cheddar. Return to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the guacamole: Mash avocado in a medium bowl. Stir in lime juice, garlic and salt.
- Top each sweet potato skin with guacamole, tomato, onion and cilantro, if desired.
Per serving: 117 calories
8 g fat; 3 g fiber; 10 g carbs; 3 g protein; 3 g sugars; 113 mg sodium
Original recipe from Eating Well can be found here!