What does it mean to be actively inactive? Sounds like silly concept, but the fact of the matter is, there are a lot of people who are actively inactive. This concept is based off people that might come to the gym for a half hour or hour and work hard and then go home or to work and be very sedentary.
When you work so hard at the gym, you really want to take advantage of that hard work and continue in everyday life being more active.
Some things you can incorporate into your everyday lives are pretty simple:
- Achieve that 10,000 step goal per day.
- +you can do this by parking a little further away
- +taking stairs rather then elevator or escalator
- +setting a timer at your desk so you get up every hour
- Changing your lifestyle to more active down time activates like hiking and gardening. This is the perfect time of year to go outside!
There are 168 hours in a week and if you spend only 1 or 2 hours during the whole week exercising and the rest not very active then your still left with 166-167 hours per week you’re missing out on physical activity. We obviously have to take into account sleep and important rest time, but when you decide to change your lifestyle is when exercise and eating right all fall into place and you see the best results!
By Corynne Duprey