Breakfast? Brunch? Breakfast for dinner?!
Try out this quick and easy vegetarian & gluten-free meal!
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 20
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 3 cups butternut squash, pureed (about 1 large butternut squash)
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, and cook until softened, about 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Stir in spices and squash puree. Remove from heat.
- Make 6 wells in squash mixture, and crack an egg into each. Top with crumbled feta.
- Move dish to the preheated oven, and bake until eggs are just set, about 7-10 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes, and top with fresh herbs.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 287
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Protein: 19g
Original recipe from Sinful Nutrition can be found here!