Prep Time: 25 min
Ready In: 45 min
- 2½ pounds delicata squash
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1½ teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons salted roasted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Cut crosswise into 1-inch slices.
- Combine 1 tablespoon oil, 1½ tablespoons mustard, garlic, rosemary, lemon zest, ½ tablespoon lemon juice, ½ teaspoon pepper, and ¼ teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add chicken and the squash and stir to coat. Arrange in a single layer on the prepared pan.
- Bake, without stirring or flipping, until the squash starts to brown and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F, 20 to 22 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a clean cutting board and slice.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, ½ tablespoon mustard, 1½ tablespoons lemon juice, maple syrup, thyme, and the remaining ½ teaspoon pepper and ¼ teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Add greens and toss to coat.
- Divide the greens among 4 serving plates. Top with the chicken and squash, Parmesan, and pumpkin seeds.
Serving size: 2 cups salad, 3 ounces chicken and 2 slices squash
Per serving: 415 calories; 17g fat; 7g fiber; 39g carbohydrates; 31g protein; 10 g sugars
Original recipe from EatingWell.com can be found here!