The entire batch of carrot chips contains only 79 calories and offers 4.1 grams of fiber; regular potato chips have 160 calories and only one gram of fiber. Don’t forget the Vitamin A benefits!
Yields: 1 serving
Cook Time: 1 hour
Calories per serving: 79
- 2 large carrots (or 3 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil (or melted coconut oil)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Any other seasonings you like!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash and peel the carrots. Using a mandolin slicer or a knife, tilt the carrot, and thinly slice diagonally to make oval-shaped pieces — if they’re too thick, they’ll be soft instead of crunchy.
- Place the carrot slices in a bowl, and toss with olive oil and salt.
- Lay the carrots in a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the carrots are dry and crisp. Watch them carefully toward the end, as they can burn quickly.
Find the original recipe here!