Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 4 hours
The perfect blend of sweet and savory. It’s flavorful, light, and a simple slow cooker meal. Try serving it in a Swiss chard wrap! You could also put it on a bed of greens, on top of a sweet potato, or over cauliflower rice. This recipe makes for great leftovers and can be served hot or cold.
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- ½ lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ½ small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz. can crushed pineapple, slightly drained
- ? cup coconut aminos (seasoning sauce)
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
Try making it into a wrap! You will need: Swiss chard leaves (or leaf lettuce), avocado slices, shredded carrots, shredded cabbage, green onions, sliced almonds, & fresh cilantro
- Place chicken, onions and garlic in a slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine pineapple, coconut aminos, lime juice, ground ginger, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Stir to mix, and then add to slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks.
- Return chicken to slow cooker, stir to mix all ingredients, and set temperature to warm (or low) until ready to serve.
- Assemble Swiss chard wraps with desired ingredients.
Original recipe from therealfoodrds.com can be found here!