PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 25 mins
TOTAL TIME: 30 mins
YIELD: 6 SERVINGS
Craving Indian food or take out for dinner tonight? Try this lightened up version of Chicken Tikka Masala! Add in the vegetables and you have a whole meal – I’ve even added a can of chickpeas for extra fiber.
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger root
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 14 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, for serving
Season chicken with 1 teaspoon salt.
Press sauté button and melt the coconut oil, add onion, garlic, ginger and 6 spices (from coriander to cardamom) and sauté until the vegetables are soft and the spices are fragrant, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and use an immersion to blend until smooth (or blend in the blender), add the chicken, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and stir, cook high pressure 15 minutes. (Note: it takes several minutes for the pot to pressurize.)
Quick release, add the cauliflower and peas and cook 3 minutes on high pressure. (Note: add more volume by using the whole head of cauliflower, but increase cook time to 5 minutes.)
Quick release, stir in coconut milk and serve garnished with cilantro.
Serving: 3/4 cup
Calories: 226kcal, Carbohydrates: 9g, Protein: 25g, Fat: 10g
Original recipe from Skinny Taste can be found here!