Yields: 1-3/4 cup
Prep Time: 8 min
Total Time: 8 min
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 ounces baby spinach
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- olive oil and fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a food processor, whip together the tahini and lemon juice until smooth and creamy. Add the spinach, parsley, garlic, olive oil and salt. Process for one minute, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add half of the chickpeas and process for one minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add the remaining chickpeas and process until smooth, about one to two additional minutes.
- Transfer the hummus to a bowl for serving. Drizzle extra olive oil on top and sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley, as desired. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Original recipe from Spoonful of Flavor can be found here!