- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 medium apple, diced
- 1/2 cup naturally sweetened apple butter
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with coconut oil or cooking spray.
- Combine oats, oat flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Add applesauce, maple syrup, coconut oil and apple. Stir until combined.
- Set aside a heaping half-cup of the oat mixture, then press the rest evenly into the prepared pan. Top with apple butter, spreading evenly with a spoon or spatula.
- Sprinkle the rest of the oat mixture on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into 12–16 bars.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Serving Size: 1 bar
Per serving: Calories: 160; Total Fat: 6g; Carbohydrate: 24g; Sugar: 10g; Protein: 3g