Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 0 mins
Total Time: 10 mins
Serves 4-6 people
- 1 head romaine lettuce, shredded (about 6–8 cups)
- 2 cups shredded chicken, make ahead or use leftover
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup garbanzo beans
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, sliced or diced
- ½ cup queso fresco or shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 batch cilantro lime dressing
- Prepare the salad dressing by combining 4 Tbsp lime juice, 1 tsp granulated garlic, 1 tsp honey, 1/2 tsp salt, 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, and 2 Tbsp cilantro leaves in a food processor or blender. Set aside.
- Combine the chicken, corn, black beans, garbanzo beans, tomatoes, avocado and cheese in a very large bowl (not a small bowl – you need extra room to toss).
- Just before serving, drizzle the salad dressing over the salad and toss to mix well.
Original recipe from Don’t Waste the Crumbs can be found here!