Prep Time: 20 mins
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
For the Salad
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce
- 1 head radicchio
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces fresh pearl mozzarella, drained
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, diced
- 5 pepperoncini, stemmed and sliced
- 1 teaspoons oregano, for garnish
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Make the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, shallot, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper, and set aside.
- Cut the iceberg lettuce in half through the core, then cut out the core. Slice the lettuce lengthwise into 1/4-inch strips. Repeat with the radicchio.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, radicchio, tomatoes, chickpeas, mozzarella, provolone, and pepperoncini. Drizzle with the dressing and toss gently to coat. Season with salt and pepper and toss again. Sprinkle with extra oregano, and serve.
Find the original recipe from Love and Lemons here!