Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 60 mins
Total: 1 hour, 20 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed (1 ½ to 2 cups, cut into ¼–½ inch cubes)
- 1 1/2 cups halved or quartered Brussels sprouts
- 2 medium carrots, chopped (3/4 to 1 cup)
- 2 celery ribs, chopped (3/4 to 1 cup)
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- ½ medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium apple, cored and diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary or sage (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or oil of choice
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or cranberries, unsweetened if possible
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine all of the ingredients (except for dried cherries and pecans) in a large baking dish (9×13 or similar size). Toss with oil. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil, add the dried cherries and pecans, toss and then bake for an additional 20-25 minutes longer or until sweet potatoes are cooked through.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Serving Size: 1/8th of recipe (3/4 cup)
Calories: 144, Fat: 7 g, Carbohydrate: 21 g, Protein: 3 g
Original recipe from The Real Food RDs can be found here!