Makes: 20 bars
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Per bar: 155 cal, 8 g fat, 19 g carbs, 5 g sugar, 3 g protein
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1/3 cup dates
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup honey
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup dried apples, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the oats in a blender or food processor and pulse for 5 to 10 seconds.
- On a baking sheet, combine the oats, shredded coconut and pecans and toast in the oven for approximately 10 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes to ensure mixture does not burn. Once golden in color, remove from the oven.
- Place the dates in a food processor and blend until they fully combine and form a paste-like consistency.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, combine the coconut oil, honey and vanilla. As the liquid heats up, begin to stir the date paste until it becomes well-combined with the mixture.
- In a bowl, combine the toasted oat mixture, chopped apples, cinnamon, nutmeg and hot liquid from the stove. Stir until completely mixed.
- Firmly press the mixture into a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours or until bars become firm.
- Remove from the fridge and cut into 20 bars. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for more crumbly bars, or in the fridge for firmer bars.
You can find the original recipe here.