Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour 35 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 50 minutes
Servings 8 servings (6 ounces beef, 1 cup cabbage, ¼ each carrots and celery
- 4 pounds corned beef brisket
- 6 cups water
- 2 tsp black peppercorns
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp dried mustard
- 1 cabbage cut into wedges or 8 cups
- 1 cup onions sliced
- 1 cup carrots sliced into thirds
- 1 cup celery stalks chopped
Instructions (for Instant Pot…*Directions for crockpot included too*)
- Place beef brisket into the pot. Discard the spice packet that comes with the meat.
- Cover the beef with water, add more to cover if needed.
- Add the spices into the pot.
- Cover and set on “Meat/Stew” for 60 minutes on high.
- Hit Cancel then use the Natural Release method, about 20 minutes.
- Remove cover carefully, watch for steam, remove brisket and keep warm.
- Add the vegetables to the pot and press “Soup” setting for 15 minutes.
- Use the “Quick” Release method.
- Uncover and add the beef back to the pot to warm through.
- Enjoy immediately!
**Crock Pot Directions:
- Add all ingredients into the crock pot except the cabbage. Make sure the meat is fat side up.
- Cook on low 6 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- In the last hour add the cabbage.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 499kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 34g
Find the original recipe from Sugar Free Mom here!