Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced scallions
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 2 firm, ripe tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 just-ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1. In a small skillet, warm the olive oil over medium heat. Saute the scallions until just softened, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl, season with the salt and black pepper and let cool. Stir in the sour cream and Worcestershire sauce; add the turkey and mix gently until just combined. Form into 6 patties.
2. Heat a grill to medium-high. Mist grill with cooking spray and cook burgers 5 minutes. Turn and grill until almost cooked through, about 3 minutes more. Top each burger with some of the blue cheese; cook 1 to 2 minutes more or until burgers are just cooked through and cheese is melted.
3. Arrange burgers on buns and top with sliced tomato, avocado, and red onion.
Nutrition facts per serving: 370 calories, 35g protein, 29g carbohydrate, 13g fat, 5g fiber
Find the original recipe from PK Grills here!