Makes: 12 servings
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 50 min
Total Time: 70 min
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, quartered
- 1.5 pounds potatoes, diced into 1/2-inch cubes (try half sweet potatoes, half Yukon gold)
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 medium white or yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage (or breakfast sausage)
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 handfuls roughly-chopped fresh kale, tough stems discarded
- 15 eggs, whisked
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning, to taste
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet (or two medium baking sheets) with parchment paper; set aside. Lightly mist a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Drizzle evenly with the oil, and season with a few generous pinches of salt and pepper. Toss the veggies until they are evenly coated with the oil and arranged in an even layer. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Remove baking sheet(s) from the oven, and carefully transfer the veggies into the prepared baking dish; set aside.
- Meanwhile, as the veggies are roasting, cook the sausage in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat until browned. Once the sausage is browned, add in the garlic and kale and sauté for an extra 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until fragrant. Remove pan from heat, and transfer the sausage into the prepared baking dish; set aside.
- In a separate large bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the eggs, milk, Old Bay seasoning, plus an extra 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper.
- Once the veggies and sausage have been cooked and added to the baking dish, use a spoon to give them a brief toss. Then spread the mixture out in an even layer in the baking dish. Carefully pour the whisked egg mixture evenly on top of the veggies and sausage.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out completely clean. Remove from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm. Then slice, serve, and enjoy! Or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Original recipe can be found here!