Bursting with flavor and easy to make, this chicken soup recipe with sun-dried tomatoes is perfect for a healthy week night dinner. It takes only 5 minutes to throw into the slow cooker and you have an amazing soup ready for dinner!
YIELD: 4 servings
PREP TIME: 5 min
COOK TIME: 4 hours
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast (or chicken thighs)
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 3-4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- Juice of 1 lime
- Fresh cilantro, chopped, plus more for serving
- Optional: Tortilla strips, sliced avocado, and shredded cheddar for garnish
1. In the bottom your slow cooker, layer the onion and garlic. Add the chicken, cumin, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle chopped sun-dried tomatoes and 3 cups chicken stock.
2. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 6-7 hours. Once cooked, shred the chicken using two forks. Stir in lime juice and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
3. Ladle the soup into bowls and enjoy! Top with tortilla chips, avocado, cheese and cilantro.
Original recipe from Eating Well 101 can be found here!