Let’s spice up that summer BBQ routine! This delicious grilled shrimp is served on a stick and marinated in a smoky, chipotle lime marinade.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Marinate Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo, chopped
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 2 limes, juice and zest
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin, toasted and ground
- salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate the shrimp in the mixture of the remaining ingredients for at least 20 minutes.
- Skewer the shrimp and grill over medium-high heat until cooked, about 1-3 minutes per side. Tip: Add the chipotles to the marinade one at a time and taste test for heat.
- Options: Add 1 tablespoon honey to the marinade. Add 2 tablespoons cilantro to the marinade. Add a splash of tequila to the marinade.
Original recipe can be found here!