Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Servings: 6 people
Calories: 232 kcal
- 1 bunch kale chopped
- 10-12 brussels sprouts thinly shredded
- 2 cups red cabbage shredded
- 1/2 butternut squash peeled and cut in thin slices
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 navel orange peeled and segmented
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds toasted
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts toasted and chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- Add all dressing ingredients to a blender or jar, and mix together well.
- De-stem kale, and then very thinly slice. Add to a salad bowl.
- Use a mandolin or food processor to very thinly slice brussels sprouts, and add to the kale.
- Pour dressing over kale and sprouts, and massage in to completely coat, and then cover the salad and allow to soak for 4-5 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Peel butternut, cut into quarters lengthwise, and then thinly slice squash. Add to a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and lightly season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Roast squash for 25 minutes.
- Prepare pomegranate by removing arils
- Prepare the orange by slicing the skin and pith off around the orange, then cutting out the segments.
- Thinly slice red cabbage.
- When ready to serve the salad, toss the red cabbage into the kale mixture, then top the salad with warm squash, pomegranate, oranges, and nuts.
Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Sodium: 31mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 12g
Original recipe can be found here!