PREP: 15 mins
COOK: 55 mins
TOTAL: 1 hr 10 mins
SERVINGS: 10 slices (1 8×4-inch loaf)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (or melted and cooled coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 large egg (at room temperature)
- 1/3 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves or allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 325*F. Lightly coat an 8×4 inch loaf pan with baking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the oil and honey together until smooth. Add the Greek yogurt and the egg. Whisk again. Make sure the ingredients are smooth and well blended. Whisk in the pumpkin purée and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt over the top, then stir to combine. Sprinkle in the flour, then gently mix, just until the flour disappears.
- Spread the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove pan and lightly tent with foil to keep the top from becoming too dark. Return the bread to the oven to continue baking for another 25 to 35 minutes (55 to 65 minutes total), until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 5 minutes. Gently transfer to a wire rack. Let cool at least 30 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
SERVING: 1 slice (of 10)
CALORIES: 161kcal, CARBOHYDRATES: 30g, PROTEIN: 4g, FAT: 4g
Original recipe from Well Plated can be found here!