Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 sticks celery chopped
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger finely chopped*
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 (10 fluid ounce) cans vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 (27 fluid ounce) can pumpkin purée
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- Sauté the onion, celery, and carrot in a large pot on medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the pot, stir, and cook for 2 minutes until fragrant. Add the vegetable broth, pumpkin purée, water, dried thyme, cumin, and salt & pepper to taste. Add the cauliflower.
- With the lid slightly ajar, simmer the soup on medium-low heat for about 30 minutes or until the vegetables have softened.
- Allow the soup to cool first. Purée the soup in batches using your blender.
- The soup will be quite thick. You can add water to thin it out a bit (I added an extra cup). Add salt to taste.
- *If you’re very sensitive to spice or don’t like ginger, try halving the amount. I recommend using fresh ginger.
Original recipe from Salt & Lavendar can be found here!