Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 45 mins
When eating a plant-based diet, it’s important to make sure you get enough protein. Try this tasty chickpea curry jacket – it’s an easy meal to make for dinner or prep ahead for a filling, flavorful lunch!
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- thumb-sized piece ginger, finely grated
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp tikka masala paste
- 2 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 400g can chickpeas, drained
- lemon wedges and coriander leaves, to serve
- Heat oven to 400 *F. Prick the sweet potatoes all over with a fork, then put on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 45 mins or until tender when pierced with a knife.
- Meanwhile, melt the coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and fry for 1 min until fragrant, then add the onion and fry for 7-10 mins until softened.
- Put the garlic, ginger and green chili into the pan, and cook for 2-3 mins. Add the spices and tikka masala paste and cook for a further 2 mins until fragrant, then tip in the tomatoes. Bring to a simmer, then tip in the chickpeas and cook for a further 20 mins until thickened. Season.
- Put the roasted sweet potatoes on four plates and cut open lengthways. Spoon over the chickpea curry and squeeze over the lemon wedges. Season, then scatter with coriander before serving.
Fat: 9g, Carbs: 32g, Protein: 12g
Original recipe comes from BBC Goof Food & can be found here!