Prep/Total Time: 30 min
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 medium nectarines or peeled peaches, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon honey, optional
- Sprinkle pork chops with seasonings. Dredge lightly with flour. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook chops until a thermometer reads 145°, 4-5 minutes per side. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add onion to same pan; cook and stir over medium heat 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add nectarines; cook until lightly browned on both sides. Stir in broth and, if desired, honey; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until nectarines are softened and sauce is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Serve with chops.
1 pork chop with 1/2 cup sauce: 330 calories
14g fat, 414mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein.
Original recipe from Taste of Home can be found here!