Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
- 5-6 Cubanelle peppers
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup water or chicken stock
- 1 cup shredded Manchego cheese
For Serving: Fresh chopped herbs, spicy chili flakes, pesto or zhug (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a large pan to medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the jalapeno and onion and cook until softened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey and cook it through, stiring as you go, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the seasonings and water or chicken stock. Simmer for 10 minutes to let the flavors mingle and the moisture to evaporate. Remove from heat.
- Slice the Cubanelle peppers in half lengthwise and scoop out the innards. Set them onto a large baking sheet.
- Scoop the seasoned ground turkey into the pepper halves then top them with Manchego cheese.
- Bake them for 20 minutes for slightly crunchier peppers, or 30 minutes for softer.
- Remove and sprinkle with spicy chili flakes, fresh chopped herbs, and pesto, zhug or chermoula, if desired.
Calories: 280, Carbohydrates: 8g, Protein: 23g, Fat: 17g
Original recipe from Chili Pepper Madness can be found here!