Prep Time: 10 mins, Cook Time: 10 mins, Total Time: 20 mins, Servings: 4
For the Ground Beef:
- 1 lb 93/7 ground beef
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped and divided
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp light or dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp red pepper powder/Gochugaru
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 pouch Ben’s Original Ready Rice Long Grain White
- 1 medium carrot, peeled into ribbons
- Prepare the beef. Whisk soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, red pepper powder, and red pepper flakes together in a small bowl until well combined. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet until hot and shimmering. Add ground beef in chunks and cook, breaking apart with a spatula into small pieces until cooked through and no red remains.
- Add sauce and 1/2 of the green onions. Stir to coat the ground beef and simmer for another 1-2 minutes to let the sauce thicken slightly. Remove from heat and serve.
- Prepare the sides and assemble. Place broccoli florets in a microwave safe dish and cover with a very damp paper towel. Microwave on high for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until broccoli is bright green and fork tender. Set aside.
- Prepare rice according to package instructions. Add to bottom of serving dish. Top with broccoli and beef. Add carrot ribbons and top with remaining green onions and any desired sauces, like chipotle mayonnaise.
Calories 392, Fat 13g, Carbohydrates 41g, Protein 30g
Original recipe from Peanut Butter & Fitness can be found here!