Use your Instant Pot to put dinner on the table in just 35 minutes from start to finish!
Active time: 10 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons no-salt added tomato paste
- 4 cups (12 ounces) dry whole-grain rotini pasta
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 small (6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt-free garlic seasoning blend
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded (optional)
- In the pot of an electric pressure cooker, whisk together the broth and tomato paste until the tomato paste is dissolved. Add the pasta, sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon salt and several grinds of pepper. Stir to combine. Place the bell peppers on top of the pasta. Season the chicken with the garlic seasoning and place on top of the pasta mixture, do not stir.
- Lock on the lid, select the Manual/Pressure Cook function. Adjust to high pressure and set timer for 4 minutes. Make sure the steam valve is in the “sealing” position.
- When the cooking time is up, carefully quick-release the pressure.
- Unlock the lid and transfer the chicken to a clean cutting board. Slice the meat into bite-size pieces and return them to the pot. Add the spinach and cheese and stir to wilt the spinach. Serve immediately.
Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups pasta mixture
Fat: 11.2g; Carbohydrate: 66.6g; Protein: 48.5g
Original recipe from My Fitness Pal can be found here!