Shout out to Peak Performance Fitness member, Wendie, for sharing her family’s recipe this week! Serve up this zucchini linguine with shrimp for Sunday night dinner. It’s prepared in homemade sauce, appropriately named for some Sunday football – JETS Sauce!
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes
- 5 cloves of garlic (whole)
- 5 cloves of garlic (minced)
- ½ minced onion
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 10 basil leaves (fresh)
- 24 large shrimp (peeled & deveined)
- 2 large zucchinis (spiralized or shredded)
- In a large pasta pot, pour in 2 Tbsp of olive oil on low heat. Once the oil is hot, toss in the whole garlic cloves. Cook until lightly browns. Toss in the minced garlic and onions and cook for 5 minutes.
- Toss in the crushed tomatoes. Add in 10 basil leaves and cook uncovered for 45 minutes on medium heat mixing occasionally so that the sauce doesn’t burn.
- Add in the zucchini and mix together so the sauce covers it all. Place a lid on the pot and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the shrimp, mix together and keep covered for 5 minutes or until pink.
- Serve it hot & enjoy!