- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 leek, white part, chopped
- 3 scallions, white and green, chopped
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup green lentils, soaked in cold water
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cups frozen spinach, defrosted
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/8 tsp saffron (optional)
- 5 cups vegetable broth (or water with vegetable bouillon)
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup dill, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
1. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat and add garlic, onion, leeks, scallions, and salt and pepper. Sauté until translucent.
2. Add lentils, sweet potato, spinach, turmeric, and saffron with vegetable broth. Season with salt and pepper and cover. Simmer on low until lentils are completely cooked and sweet potato is tender. Add additional stock or water as needed.
3. Stir in parsley, dill, and lemon juice. Cook for another five minutes. Adjust seasoning. Serve while hot.
Original recipe from Well & Good can be found here!